Nursing Performance Examinations
The Excelsior Nursing Performance Examinations (clinicals) measure a student's ability to perform the expected behaviors and skills as a new graduate registered nurse. There are 4 specific skills evaluated in the simulated lab and the skills involved in the patient care situations will be dependent on the patient population that weekend. Clinical exams include a one-to-one evaluation by a trained examiner, real and simulated clinical situations and an objective assessment of your skills. The performance examination is taken at a Regional Performance Assessment Center (RPACs).
CPNE Test Site Hospitals:
Northeastern Performance Assessment Centers
- Albany Medical Center Hospital, Albany, NY (AMC)
- St. Peter’s Hospital, Albany, NY (SPA)
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center, Syracuse, NY (SJH)
- Faxon-St. Luke’s Healthcare, Utica, NY (FSL)
- Chambersburg Hospital, Chambersburg, PA (CHP)
- New York Medical Center Hospital of Queens, Flushing, NY (NYQ)
- York Hospital, PA
Southern Performance Assessment Centers
- NCH Healthcare System, Downtown/North, Naples, FL
- Northside Hospital-Atlanta/Children’s Healthcare of ATL-Scottish Rite, Atlanta, GA
- Southern Regional Medical Center, Riverdale, GA (SRM)
- Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta, GA (GRD)
- Memorial Health University Medical Center, Savannah, GA (MHS)
Midwestern Performance Assessment Centers
- Meriter Hospital, Madison, WI (MER)
- St. Mary’s Hospital and Medical Center, Madison, WI (MSM)
- Med Central Health Systems, Mansfield, OH (MCH)
- Covenant Womens & Childrens Hospital—Lakeside Campus, Lubbock, TX (LUB)
Here is the performance exam for the ASN:
- FCCA (Focused Clinical Competencies Assessment)
- CPNE (Clinical Performance in Nursing Examination)
Excelsior College offers comprehensive study guides for these performance exams as well as a workshop to help you prepare for the CPNE.
There's help studying for the CPNE.
Here is the online BSN component:
iStudySmart.com has a CPNE kit available at our bookstore.
If you have questions about the performance exams, call Excelsior College Admissions office at 1-888-647-2388 or click here to read about the exams on Excelsior's site.
- Health Assessment and Promotion in Nursing Practice
- Teaching Across Cultures
- Professional Socialization